Main Menu

 

Home

What's New?

Research

Queries

Communicate

Look Up Assistance

Volunteer

Contact

 

 


Cemeteries


 

Name Location/Notes
Adena Cemetery Northeast of the intersection of Co Rd C and Co Rd 14; 1.53 miles from Adena
Brush Cemetery 1100 Mill Street  Brush, CO 80723
(970) 842-5001

2.74 miles from Brush.  Land purchased from Mr. Brush in May 1893 was designated as the Jared L. Brush Cemetery by the City Council in 1895.  The Brush Memorial Cemetery is now divided into three sections and a columbarium.

Eben-Ezer Lutheran Care Center Cemetery Edison Street (Highway 34), W of Co Rd 27, 2.87 miles from Brush; 0.88 miles from Nelson
Haven of Rest Garden Fort Morgan
Hoyt Cemetery Off County Road D, just before County Rd 4; 10.11 miles from Hoyt
J. L. Brush Memorial Cemetery Across from Brush Cemetery on Mill Street, Brush
Memory Gardens 601 West 8th Avenue
Fort Morgan
(970) 867-3908
New North Cemetery 1100 Mill Street  Brush, CO 80723
(970) 842-5001

A section of the Brush Memorial Cemetery.  The New North Cemetery land was purchased in 1967.  The first interment in this area was in October 1999.

North Cemetery 1100 Mill Street  Brush, CO 80723
(970) 842-5001

A section of the Brush Memorial Cemetery.  Along the road in the First Addition, white marble upright markers were provided by the Veterans Administration for men who served in the Spanish-American War and World War I.  Most veteranís graves in the cemetery are now marked with white metal crosses.  

Other sections include a part on the west side of the First Addition for Eben Ezer Hospital tuberculosis patients who had no known relatives, and the Ďpotterísí field in the northeast corner of the Third Addition.  Frequent causes of death in the early 1900ís included scarlet and typhoid fever, consumption, cholera, diphtheria and an epidemic of influenza in 1918.

Riverside Cemetery Located at 8th & West St, between the hospital and RR station (3 blocks north of US 34) within town of Fort Morgan.
Serenity Falls Columbarium Fort Morgan
South Cemetery 1100 Mill Street  Brush, CO 80723
(970) 842-5001

A section of the Brush Memorial Cemetery.  In 1929, the City of Brush purchased additional land for cemetery expansion from the Lincoln Land Company.  The South Cemetery is divided from the North by Mill Street and was opened for interments in 1940 and is divided into Sections and Blocks. Special designated areas for children and babies can be found in the southwest portion of Section 8.  County burials are on the west side of Section 8.   

United Presbyterian Church Columbarium Nancy Road, 2.94 miles from Fort Morgan
Weldona Cemetery Off County Road 9, 3.23 miles from Weldona
Wiggins Cemetery East of Route 52 (Co Rd 5) on Co Rd Q; 3.18 miles from Wiggins


 



image

Copyright © Morgan County COGenWeb webmistress. All Rights Reserved.